Wednesday, June 20, 2007

a sad goodbye to a freind (things that make me sick)

today, shulman came over and said that the big boss is letting one of the older workers go. i first met this guy when i was a kid 13 or so years ago. the nice guy form the photoshop. then i was but the learner, it was a nice twist that this time around when we met i was the master. this guy bearly types on the computer, reads almost no english, and dosent know a whole lot about anything, but still is verry nice guy. i shouldent say a father figure but more of a friend. for the 3 weeks or so he was there is was fun to see him like a money in a hightech cage, learning what all the little buttons of the modern world do. for a reason i didnt despise him for not knowing, i guess i felt like he is doing his best to fit in but just couldent, and some how found him self completly tangled in the boss's legs time after time, and getting yelled at time after time, this middle aged family guy, and i felt bad for him every time that happened even thogh i knew he had over stept his position, and made a stupid mimstake he had been corrected on just yesterday. i guess old dogs cant bend over backwards to learn new tricks. at the end of he day i saw him sitting at the boss' cubical. they sat there for more then 45 minutes while the boss let him go and he tried desperatly to understand why. after 0 or so years as photoshop manager he practucaly had to beg for this job as an earn boy. i just know my boss is incapable of letting somone go politly with out recking havoc in his head. if there are poeple to let go, there are other better choises of poeple hanging by a thread to be let go. even me dammit. many minutes after i had packed my gear and had a long conversation with the guys outside the door, and even time enough for me to through out the garbage behind the biulding, as i was walking to my bike i saw him walking up the street across from me. wiht his back pack, and the stores bags filled wiht supllies he got for the job he does to make ends meat. he looked at me and i waved goodbye. he waves back and looks down, swalowing, choking on his beated breath and walked away, to continue his life elswhere.
the guy who had always greeted me with the wordes "Hello My Friend...".
5 seconds after he went out of site, i felt my stomach turning. i realized what had happend and ot made me sick to my stomach. i felt bad for however he must be feeling. fuck.
i dont know what was the last thing that made me feel this way.

goodbye my friend.

No comments: