Sunday, November 21, 2010

Twenty one similarities and differences between me and Noah Kalina


1. Noah Kalina has a Mamiya RZ67 so do I.
2. Noah Kalina has a digital back for medium format camera - I do not.
3. Noah Kalina has a Yashica T4 Super (as most cool poeple do) - I have a Nikon 35TI instead (as does Miki Kratzman)
4. Noah Kalina periodically takes pictures of his desk and posts them on his blog - so do I
5. Noah Kalina drives a 92-93 honda civic. his is gray with a white door - i also drive a 92-93 honda civic but mine is white with an off color rear left quarter.
6. Noah Kalina has a Canon 1D(?) - I have a canon 5D.
7. Noah Kalina is consistent in what he does - i am not.
8. Noah Kalina makes interesting videos that comment on or document his life - I do not.
9. Noah Kalina has a fluffy cat that bothers him when he sleeps - I have 2, one is not fluffy and is blind, the other is fluffy and has one eye.
10. Noah Kalina gets paid to be a photographer - I do not.
11. Noah Kalina has been taking a picture of him self every day for a daily frame project since Jan 11 2000 - I have been taking a picture every day for my daily frame project since Jan 1 2006 (i am rarely in the pictures).
12. Noah Kalina takes tons of pictures of hot naked girls and girls in their underwear - I do not.
13. Noah Kalina knows alot about lighting - I think i know alot about lighting but in reality i do not.
14. Noah Kalina shoots sharp pictures with crazy desaturated colors that are always filled with light - I do that very rarely, when i do the negatives are filthy.
15. Noah Kalina's bigger camera pictures are full of light, the small camera pictures are genius - mine are neither.
16. Noah Kalina's small camera pictures are insightful over and over again - Mine are only sometimes insightful.
17. Noah Kalina takes pictures of himself having sex through a 8000$ thermal imager - I do not.
18. Noah Kalina documented the construction of his new all white bed and bedroom - I did that too but mine is all black.
19. Noah Kalina flies alot and makes cool pictures of that - I do not.
20. Noah Kalina uses a non directional off camera strobe - i do that sometimes.
21. Noah Kalina is Noah Kalina - I am not.

No comments: